MICHIGAN STATE TO SQUARE-OFF AGAINST
GEORGIA IN OUTBACK BOWL 2012
What is the Outback Bowl?
The Outback Bowl is a New Year's college football bowl game played in Tampa, Florida, matching teams from the SEC and Big Ten Conference (3rd pick from each). The Outback Bowl was formerly named the Hall of Fame Bowl from Dec. 1986 - Jan. 1995. Outback Steakhouse became the title/name sponsor in April 1995.
The game is a culmination of a week-long schedule of events throughout the Tampa Bay area highlighted by a Beach Day in Clearwater and a New Year's Eve Parade & Fireworks Show in Ybor City.
Your Outback Bowl Place to Stay
Our location makes us a great place to stay to enjoy the Outback Bowl Game and pre-and-post game festivities, as well as other great Tampa attractions and Tampa restaurants. We're certainly a place you can rest your head between all the game-related goings-on, but we're also very much more. Check out our hotel and room amenities, and you'll understand why we say, "We're not just a Holiday Inn".
The Outback Bowl Game draws fans from all over, most of whom come for a relatively short length of time. For longer stays, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Tampa, is also your hotel of choice. Our brand new hotel has the latest amenities and services and is located near everything you'll need or want. Our suites and extended stay rates are designed for those who need a room for a week or longer.
About Outback Bowl 2012
Michigan State Spartans to Meet The Georgia Bulldogs
The Michigan State Spartans and Georgia Bulldogs will square-off in the Outback Bowl on January 2nd in Tampa. It is a match-up of 10 win Division Champions from two of the most prestigious conferences in college football – the SEC and Big Ten. The Spartans are ranked 12th in the AP Poll while the Bulldogs are ranked 18th.
The Outback Bowl celebrates its 26th Anniversary this year and will be played on January 2nd at 1:00 PM at Raymond James Stadium. Tickets are on sale through Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 and can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets can also be purchased at any Ticketmaster outlet in the state of Florida. Information on the Outback Bowl game, bowl events, and the Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater area can be found on the bowl's web site at www.outbackbowl.com.
Date: January 2, 2012
Location: Raymond James Stadium
15 miles Map
Time: 1:00 P.M. ET.
2012 Outback Bowl Events Calendar
Online calendar of events leading up to the big game.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Features...
- Extended Stay Rates available for Tampa Outback Bowl visitors who plan on taking in more than just the game, or any other stay 7 days or longer.
- Complimentary ExpressStart breakfast served daily, includes: bagels, an assortment of breads, muffins, hot & cold cereals, fresh fruits, juices, coffee, tea, milk & cocoa, special Holiday Inn Express cinnamon buns
- In-room coffee maker with complimentary coffee
- Spacious accommodations with well-lit, comfortable work areas
- Complimentary weekday morning newspaper
- Free high-speed internet access from your room; wireless internet connections from public areas
- Multi-line business phones with dataports - be online and on the phone at the same time
- Full business center
- Free local & 800 calls (US & Canada)
- Long distance service provided by AT&T. No surcharges on credit card calls, so call as often as you like
- For your convenience - full-sized iron & ironing board in every room
- Guest laundry facilities
- Suites with kitchenette
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Keep on your exercise routine at our Fitness Center
- As a Priority Club Rewards member you will earn 10 points for every dollar you spend on accommodations
- Corporate, government and other special discount rates available
For more information, take a few minutes to review our website, especially facilities & services, Rooms & Suites, and Tampa restaurants and dining.
for more Tampa Outback Bowl information, contact . .