LSU TIGERS TO SQUARE-OFF AGAINST
IOWA HAWKEYES IN OUTBACK BOWL 2014
What is the Outback Bowl?
The Outback Bowl is a New Year's college football bowl game played in Tampa, Florida, matching teams from the SEC and Big Ten Conference (3rd pick from each). The Outback Bowl was formerly named the Hall of Fame Bowl from Dec. 1986 - Jan. 1995. Outback Steakhouse became the title/name sponsor in April 1995.
The game is a culmination of a week-long schedule of events throughout the Tampa Bay area highlighted by a Beach Day in Clearwater and a New Year's Eve Parade & Fireworks Show in Ybor City.
Your Outback Bowl Place to Stay
Our location makes us a great place to stay to enjoy the Outback Bowl Game and pre-and-post game festivities, as well as other great Tampa attractions and Tampa restaurants. We're certainly a place you can rest your head between all the game-related goings-on, but we're also very much more. Check out our hotel and room amenities, and you'll understand why we say, "We're not just a Hampton Inn & Suites".
The Outback Bowl Game draws fans from all over, most of whom come for a relatively short length of time. For longer stays, Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Wesley Chapel, is also your hotel of choice. Our one of the newest hotel has the latest amenities and services and is located near everything you'll need or want. Our suites and extended stay rates are designed for those who need a room for a week or longer.
About Outback Bowl 2014
LSU Tigers to Meet Iowa Hawkeyes
Outback Bowl officials have invited the LSU Tigers to face the University of Iowa Hawkeyes in Tampa on January 1, 2014. LSU had a regular season record of 9–3 (5–3 SEC). Ranked #16 in the BCS, they finished in third place in the Southeast Conference Western Division. Iowa had a record of 8–4 (5–3 Big Ten). Unranked, the Hawkeyes finished the season second place in the Big Ten Legends Division. Iowa won the only previous meeting between the two teams, in the 2005 Capital One Bowl.
The Outback Bowl is celebrating its 28rd year and will kickoff at 11 A.M. (ET) on January 1st in Raymond James Stadium. Tickets to the Outback Bowl are available at Ticketmaster outlets throughout Florida, via phone at (813) 287-8844 and online at www.Ticketmaster.com. Information on the Outback Bowl game, bowl events, and the Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater area can be found on the bowl's web site at www.outbackbowl.com.
Date: January 1, 2014
Raymond James Stadium
15 miles Map
Time: 1:00 P.M. ET.
2012 Outback Bowl Events Calendar
Online calendar of events leading up to the big game.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Features...
- Extended Stay Rates available for Tampa Outback Bowl visitors who plan on taking in more than just the game, or any other stay 7 days or longer.
- Complimentary ExpressStart breakfast served daily, includes: bagels, an assortment of breads, muffins, hot & cold cereals, fresh fruits, juices, coffee, tea, milk & cocoa, special Holiday Inn Express cinnamon buns
- In-room coffee maker with complimentary coffee
- Spacious accommodations with well-lit, comfortable work areas
- Complimentary weekday morning newspaper
- Free high-speed internet access from your room; wireless internet connections from public areas
- Multi-line business phones with dataports - be online and on the phone at the same time
- Full business center
- Free local & 800 calls (US & Canada)
- Long distance service provided by AT&T. No surcharges on credit card calls, so call as often as you like
- For your convenience - full-sized iron & ironing board in every room
- Guest laundry facilities
- Suites with kitchenette
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Keep on your exercise routine at our Fitness Center
- As a Priority Club Rewards member you will earn 10 points for every dollar you spend on accommodations
- Corporate, government and other special discount rates available
For more information, take a few minutes to review our website, especially facilities & services, Rooms & Suites, and Tampa restaurants and dining.
for more Tampa Outback Bowl information, contact . .